Hello lovely sewing peeps. I'm looking for a number of sewists to test some new children's wear sewing patterns. Have a read of all the details, and if you'd like to apply please complete the sign-up form by 31st July. Everyone who completes a test will receive a free pattern and be entered into a prize draw to win some sewing goodies.
This is how is works:
- Choose a pattern and size that you'd like to test (full list below).
- Complete the sign-up form by 31st July
- If selected, you will receive 2 PDFs by email on 5th August - one will be the pattern and the other will be the instructions.
- You will need to print the pattern pieces and join them together. The instructions can either be printed or read from a computer or tablet.
- You will need to supply the materials to make the pattern. Most of the patterns only require a small quantity of fabric, so can usually be made from leftover remnants. You will receive the materials list in advance of the pattern.
- You will have up to 3 weeks to make the pattern (less then this is fine too!). Please take photos, notes or scribble feedback on the pattern pieces/instructions as you go.
- You will be sent a short questionnaire by email. Please fill this in by 26th August to be entered into the prize draw. You can also email photos and/or scans of any handwritten notes.
- All questionnaires received by 26th August will be put into a draw to WIN a tote bag filled with dressmaking goodies (see prize details below).
- All pattern testers will be contacted when the patterns are released for sale to choose ONE FREE PATTERN. This can either be to the final version of the pattern you tested, or one of the others.
- I will be eternally grateful for your time and feedback.
Girls skirt (beginner friendly)
Personalised apron (beginner friendly)
XS (2-3 yrs)
S (4-5 yrs)
M (6-7 yrs)
L (8-10 yrs)
Girls dress (intermediate)
Girls/boys pyjamas (intermediate)
Copy of Simply Sewing magazine (latest issue)
5 sewing patterns
Bundle fat quarters
2 bobbins of ribbon
Cath Kidston button factory kit
Looking forward to hearing from you! Good luck.